Court Reporters Certification

Continuing Education 


To search our list of approved continuing education courses, please go to the online certification and licensing system on our home page.

Applying for Continuing Education Approval 

To apply for approval of a continuing education course, you must submit a request for CE approval by one of the following two methods:

  1. electronically, by way of the online certification and licensing system located on our home page, or
  2. by mail using the course approval located in the Continuing Education section on the Forms page of our website.

Applications will be reviewed to determine compliance with Commission's rules. Applicants will be notified of the determination via email.

CE Hours Calculations

Continuing education hours are to be calculated and reported in quarter hour increments.

For example:

.25= 15 min., .50=30 min., .75=45 min., and 1 or 1.0=1 hr.

Continuing Education Rules

Please refer to sections 4.0 and 6.6 of the JBCC Rules for information on continuing education requirements. 


Updated: 10/24/2017