To renew your certification, you must:
- Obtain twelve (12) hours of approved CE, including 2 hours in ethics and 1 hour in legislative update.
- Complete the Application for Renewal located on the Forms page of our website. If you cannot access the form online, you must submit a written request to the Commission to have it sent to you. Requests may be submitted to (Fax) 512-463-1117, (Email) firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our general correspondence address of PO Box 12066, Austin, TX 78711-2066. Form requests are not accepted by phone.
- Pay the certification fee. Please see the Fees section of this page for information on amounts due, acceptable forms of payment, etc. The appropriate fee must accompany the application for certification and copies of your CE documentation.
- Submit paperwork according to timelines established in section 7.5 (a) of the JBCC Rules,
- Pass a criminal history background check with DPS and the FBI. An updated criminal history report is required. (See Criminal History section of this page for more details).
Certifications for renewals will be valid for two years from the expiration date.
New criminal history reports are required when you apply for renewal. You do not need to have your fingerprints taken again once you have been fingerprinted for purposes of guardianship certification. Upon receipt of your application and payment, staff will request a new criminal history report and the results will be sent directly to the Commission.
Refer to section 3.0 of the JBCC Rules for additional details on this requirement.
All fees are non-refundable.
Timely Renewals: ($52.00)
Late Renewals: ($127.00)
Acceptable forms of payment:Check, Money Order, or Cashier's Check
Make payable to: The Office of Court Administration