Process Server Certification
It has come to the attention of the JBCC of inaccuracies contained in notices distributed by process servers when executing service of process. The confusion caused by the notices is prompting calls to the Supreme Court by the public. Please note and adhere to the following:
Process Servers are “certified” not “registered”. Process Servers are certified by the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC), not the Supreme Court of Texas, and Process Servers should not set themselves out as acting on behalf of, or under the authority of the Supreme Court. Process Servers should include first and last name and JBCC certification number in their contact information to eliminate confusion for the recipient. Process Servers also should refrain from using threatening language or exaggerating their authority, such as declaring they have the same authority as a law enforcement officer and citing violations of laws.
Effective September 1, 2018, the JBCC will no longer accept paper applications. All applications must be submitted online using the JBCC Certification, Registration, & Licensing System. Please note: On September 1, 2018, the new fees for process server certification took effect.
- Search for certified process servers.
- Guide to Using the Online System
- Watch How to Apply for Renewal- Slideshow (pdf)
- Disciplinary Actions Log
JBCC Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
The Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has a new online certification and licensing system. The new system allows users to:
- apply and pay for new certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- renew existing certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- update contact information,
- see a list of approved CE courses,
- apply for CE course approval (licensees and providers)
- check the status of applications,
- confirm receipt of applications, and
- search for individuals or entities that are certified, licensed, or registered with the JBCC.
Course Providers and licensees must have a user profile to use the online system, members of the public do not need a user profile. Current applicants and those currently certified and registered must use the activation code, issued to them by the JBCC, in order to create a profile. Activation codes will only be issued to the contact information currently on file. Activation codes will not be issued by phone. New applicants can create a profile without an activation code.
Tips for Using the Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
- When creating your online account/profile, do not use the First Time Applicant process if you have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us. The First Time Applicant process is only for new applicants.
(Note: those who have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us must use the ‘Existing Certification’ process which requires an activation code. If you have not received your code from us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org receive your code. For security purposes, codes will not be provided by phone.)
- If you see incorrect information on your account/profile and you are unable to correct yourself, please send an email to email@example.com to request an update by staff.