Process Server Certification
In addition to the information contained within the pages for this program, please read the Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) Rules to be sure you have complete information.
The Process Server Certification program improves the standards for persons authorized to serve process statewide. For the new Supreme Court approved Process Server Code of Ethics, please click here.
New Online Certification and Licensing System
The Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has a new online certification and licensing system. The new system allows applicants to apply and pay for new certifications, registrations, or licenses, renew existing certifications, registrations, or licenses, update contact information, see a list of approved CE courses, check the status of applications, confirm receipt of applications, and search for individuals or entities that are certified, licensed, or registered with the JBCC. Additionally, licensees and CE course providers can apply for continuing education approval. Applications for approval of pre-certification orientation courses cannot be submitted online. The new system became live on September 18, 2017 for all of our certification, registration, and licensing programs. We apologize for any delays during our transition to the new online certification and licensing system. Thank you for your patience.
You must have a user profile to use the online system. Current applicants and those currently certified must use the activation code, issued to them by the JBCC, in order to create a profile. Activation codes will only be issued to the contact information currently on file. Activation codes will not be issued by phone. New applicants can create a profile without an activation code.
TIPS FOR USING THE ONLINE CERTIFICATION AND LICENSING SYSTEM:
- When creating your online account/profile, do not use the First Time Applicant process if you have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us. The First Time Applicant process is only for new applicants.
(Note: those who have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us must use the ‘Existing Certification’ process which requires an activation code. If you have not received your code from us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your code. For security purposes, codes will not be provided by phone.)
- Please do not apply both online and by mail. Apply online or by mail (i.e., do not submit your renewal online and mail it too).
- If you start the application process online, you cannot complete it by mail (i.e., do not apply for renewal online, then mail/fax/email your CE certificates). Applications must be completed entirely online or entirely by mail.
- If you see incorrect information on your account/profile and you are unable to correct yourself, please send an email to email@example.com to request an update by staff.
- Lists of those certified, licensed, and registered with the JBCC, as well as lists of approved continuing education courses can now be accessed through our online system.
Certification numbers for Process Servers
With the transition to our new online certification and licensing system, the SCH prefix has been replaced. The number is the same, but the letter prefix is now PSC. We have also eliminated the leading zeroes. For example: SCH0000001 becomes PSC1. When you access the online certification and licensing system, please enter your number without the letters. For example, 1 instead of PSC1.
NEW certification expiration dates for Process Servers
Effective January 1, 2018, your certification as a process server will become a 2-year certification instead of the 3-year certification you currently hold. When you renew your license after that date, you will notice the fees are different. Your next renewal be 2 years later. All new registrations issued after that date will likewise be on a 2-year renewal cycle. Continuing education requirements may change. Updated information will be posted as soon as it is available.