OCA Employee Reference
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) was created in 1947 to oversee retirement benefits for State of Texas employees.
ERS administers retirement, health, and other insurance benefits, TexFlex, a tax-savings flexible benefit program, and 401(k) and 457 investment accounts as part of the TexaSaver Program. ERS also manages and invests the ERS Trust for the sole benefit of retirement system members.
Managing Your Benefits
You should create your ERS Online account within your first few days of work.
- Go to www.ers.state.tx.us
- Click on My Account Login at the top right of the ERS website.
- If you have not set up an account yet, you may do so by clicking Register Now. The registration process is an easy, step-by-step process that takes just a few minutes.
Registered users can easily manage their State of Texas benefits online.
- View retirement account balance
- View ERS state service credit
- Manage insurance benefits
- Manage address, phone, and email
- Retirees can view annuity paystub