Statewide eCitation System
The Office of Court Administration (OCA) is leading a project to develop the Texas Statewide Citation System. The goal is to develop a system that electronically captures citation data from Texas law enforcement agencies, municipal and justice courts; securely stores the citation data in a data repository; and provides analytical reporting and data export capabilities to participating agencies. The system will use a standard set of citation data elements, including standardized codes where possible. OCA is collaborating with courts and law enforcement agencies representing Texas' 25 most populous metropolitan areas and 10 largest counties; the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)' the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT); and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) for this project.
UPDATE: The Statewide Citation System project was cancelled on March 27, 2018 due to lack of available funding. The project will not be implemented, and it is unknown if another agency will attempt to develop a Statewide Citation System in the future. Thank you to all who participated in the project, we greatly appreciate your assistance.
The project includes:
- Class C criminal traffic citations
- Texas Municipal and Justice Courts
- Texas state, municipal and county level law enforcement agencies
- Data interfaces to transfer citation data from local Citation systems and local court case management systems to the statewide Citation data repository.
- Data interfaces to participating state agencies: DPS, DSHS, and TxDOT.
The project excludes:
- Appeals of citations
- Non-traffic citations
- Parking citations
- Civil citations
- Class B and above citations
The project is divided into four phases, listed below.
Phase 1 - Requirements Gathering / Procurement milestones (completed)
- Establish a Requirements team
- Work with the Requirements Team to develop a functional requirements document
- Publish Request for Information
- Publish a Request for Offer
- Select a Vendor to develop the system
Phase 2 - System Development milestones (CANCELLED)
- Create the Project Work Plan
- Create an Engagement Plan for implementing the system
- Develop the Statewide System, ad hoc reporting tool, and data interfaces
- Develop data sharing agreements for participating agencies
Phase 3 - System Testing and Implementation milestones (CANCELLED)
- User Acceptance Testing
- Pilot Testing/Acceptance
- System Deployment and Final Acceptance
- Project Closeout
Phase 4 - Ongoing Operations (CANCELLED)