House Bill 2398 (84th Legislature, R.S.), effective September 1, 2015, makes several significant changes in the way that schools and courts process truant conduct by students. In an effort to assist courts, clerks, schools, parents and children in understanding the changes in law, training materials are provided below.
- Overview - 84th Legislature Truancy Legislation
- Flowchart for truancy court procedures
- Commentary accompanying the truancy court procedures flowchart
- Flowchart for school responsibilities regarding truancy
- Commentary accompanying the flowchart for school responsibilities regarding truancy
- Truancy Court Resource Manual & Forms, published by the Texas Municipal Courts Education Center and Texas Justice Court Training Center