About Texas Courts
State of the Judiciary
Chief Justice Nathan L. Hecht's State of the Judiciary address to the 84th Legislature (2015).
Texas Judiciary by County Interactive Map
Our interactive map of Texas counties lists the names of judges and clerks in each county; provides links to court, clerk, and case search websites where available; and indicates whether e-filing is mandatory or available.
Court Jurisdiction Maps
View Texas Court Jurisdiction Maps.
- Court Structure Chart
- Overview of the Texas Judicial System
- Pamphlet on the Texas Judicial System (Flipbook)
- Complexities in Geographical Jurisdiction of District Courts
- Municipal Courts of Record
Information on Texas Judges
- Judge Qualifications and Selection
- Profile of Appellate and Trial Judges
- Salaries of Elected State Judges (Appellate and District Judges)
- Report on Judicial Salaries & Turnover
- Supplemental Compensation for Appellate & District Judges
- Salaries of County Court at Law Judges
The Texas Judicial System Directory is published once a year. However, the Office of Court Administration receives updated information throughout the year. For the most current information, search our judicial directory database (for all court levels) or our interactive map (for district, county, and justice court information).
Learn about jury service in Texas from our Juror Information resources.
Statistics & Other Data
The Office of Court Administration's Judicial Information program collects statistical and other information from Texas' approximately 2,800 courts. The collected information is available on our Statistics & Other Data page.