Register a Guardianship
Registration of Guardianships (Effective June 1, 2018)
Effective June 01, 2018, prior to being appointed Guardian, you must:
- Apply to register online with the JBCC certification, registration & licensing system using the red button below.
- After completing and submitting the guardianship registration information to the JBCC, complete the Guardianship Training Module.
- Online training is available on the Guardianship Training page.
- All persons applying for appointment as guardian are subject to a criminal history background check by the JBCC.
- Criminal History information is available on the Criminal History page.
- Attorneys, certified guardians, and corporate fiduciaries are not required to have a criminal history background check conducted or complete the guardianship training module.
- All information contained in the Guardianship Registration is confidential and is not searchable by the public.
If you have any questions, please contact the JBCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JBCC Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
Applications for Guardianship Registration cannot be submitted prior to June 1, 2018. Early applications are not being accepted.
The Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has a new online certification and licensing system. The new system allows users to:
- Register Guardianship
- Update Contact Information
- Check the status your registration
Tips for Using the Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
- Please do not apply both online and by mail. Apply online or by mail (i.e., do not submit your registration online and mail it too).
- If you start the registration process online, you cannot complete it by mail (i.e., do not apply online, then mail/fax/email your paperwork or supporting documentation). Registrations must be completed entirely online or entirely by mail.
- If you see incorrect information on your account/profile and you are unable to correct yourself, please send an email to email@example.com to request an update by staff.
- Pre-Existing Guardians must enter their qualification dates and cause/case numbers in the Additional Information section of their guardianship registration application.
- The Qualification Date is the date stated on your Letters of Guardianship.
- In the field for Former Names, if you do not have any former names, you must enter "None" in this field.
- When entering the address for the Ward, you must enter a physical address.