Court Reporters Certification
Effective September 1, 2018, all applications submitted to the JBCC must be submitted online only (i.e., initial applications, renewals, exam applications, course approvals, etc.).
- Search for court reporters and court reporting firms.
- Guide to Using the Online System
- Disciplinary Actions Log
JBCC Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
The Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has an online certification and licensing system. The system allows users to:
- apply and pay for new certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- renew existing certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- update contact information,
- see a list of approved CE courses,
- apply for CE approval (licensees and providers),
- check the status of applications,
- confirm receipt of applications,
- apply for the CSR exam,
- search for individuals or entities that are certified, licensed, or registered with the JBCC, and
- download an excel list of those certified, licensed, or registered with the JBCC.
Course Providers and licensees must have a user profile to use the online system, members of the public do not need a user profile. Current applicants and those currently certified and registered must use the activation code, issued to them by the JBCC, in order to create a profile. Activation codes will only be issued to the contact information currently on file. Activation codes will not be issued by phone. New applicants can create a profile without an activation code.
Tips for Using the Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
- When creating your online account/profile, do not use the First Time Applicant process if you have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us. The First Time Applicant process is only for new applicants.
(Note: those who have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us must use the ‘Existing Certification’ process which requires an activation code. If you have not received your code from us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your code. For security purposes, codes will not be provided by phone.)
- If you see incorrect information on your account/profile and you are unable to correct yourself, please send an email to email@example.com to request an update by staff.