Judicial Committee on Information Technology
The Standards Committee works to review and update the JCIT Technology Standards. These standards govern branch-wide systems such as the eFileTexas.gov system.
Technology Standards (Version 5.0, Adopted on 5/4/2018)
This version contains:
- Addition of roles and permissions for re:SearchTX
- Addition of permissions matrix for registered users (Role 5)
- Combines JP eFiling codes into County/District codes
- Other filing category changes to match with Judicial Counsel Reporting
- Minor changes to language
Schedule for adoption
The standards sub-committee on JCIT recommends adoption of standards typically twice per year. This usually occurs at the January and August meetings.
Feedback on the current standard is encouraged from ALL participants that have interests in the eFiling system.
To submit feedback:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include "Suggested Change for JCIT Tech Standards" as the subject line
- Include the statute or rule citation and reasoning for any additions
The Standards Committee has adopted a schedule that allows the standard to be updated up to two times each calendar year. These updates are expected to complete in March and September to allow time for implementation prior to the next mandatory eFiling deadline.
Process for Changing
1. The Committee receives feedback from all stakeholders (clerks, EFSPs, case management vendors).
2. The Committee discusses the feedback and incorporates changes as appropriate.
3. The draft is circulated to all JCIT membership for feedback.
4. The Committee incorporates changes as appropriate.
5. JCIT votes to approve the draft standard and forwards it to the Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals for final approval.
6. The Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals can change/approve standard.
7. The EFM vendor and counties have 90 days to implement the newly approved standard.