Judicial Committee on Information Technology
The Standards Committee works to review and update the JCIT Technology Standards. These standards govern branch-wide systems such as the eFileTexas.gov system.
Technology Standards (Version 4.0, Adopted on 1/20/2017)
This version contains:
- Minor changes to language, addition of BVU codes
Schedule for adoption
Feedback on the current standard is encouraged from ALL participants that have interests in the eFiling system.
Feedback for the next version is accepted until December 1, 2016. To submit feedback:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include "Suggested Change for JCIT Tech Standards" as the subject line
- Include the statute or rule citation and reasoning for any additions
The Standards Committee has adopted a schedule that allows the standard to be updated up to two times each calendar year. These updates are expected to complete in March and September to allow time for implementation prior to the next mandatory eFiling deadline.
Process for Changing
1. The Committee receives feedback from all stakeholders (clerks, EFSPs, case management vendors).
2. The Committee discusses the feedback and incorporates changes as appropriate.
3. The draft is circulated to all JCIT membership for feedback.
4. The Committee incorporates changes as appropriate.
5. JCIT votes to approve the draft standard and forwards it to the Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals for final approval.
6. The Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals can change/approve standard.
7. The EFM vendor and counties have 90 days to implement the newly approved standard.