Licensed Court Interpreters
To renew your license, you must:
- Submit the Application for Renewal. You can apply for renewal by mail or via our online licensing and certification system. To apply online, please go to the online certification and licensing system on our home page. To apply by mail, forms are located on the Forms page of our website. If you cannot access the forms online, you must submit a written request to the Commission to have them sent to you. Requests may be submitted to (Fax) 512-463-1117, (Email) email@example.com, or to our general correspondence address of PO Box 12066, Austin, TX 78711-2066. Form requests are not accepted by phone.
- Complete 8 hours of CE including 2 hours in Ethics.
- Submit copies of CE documentation for completed CE programs.
- Pass a criminal history background check with DPS and the FBI. Staff will email the required form needed to schedule their fingerprinting appointment to applicants who have not yet been fingerprinted for the JBCC, after we’ve received their applications.
- Pay all required fees. Please see the Fees section of this page for information on amounts due, acceptable forms of payment, etc.
New criminal history reports are required when you apply for renewal. You do not need to have your fingerprints taken again once you have been fingerprinted for purposes of court interpreter licensure under the JBCC. Upon receipt of your application and payment, staff will request a new criminal history report and the results will be sent directly to the Commission.
Refer to section 3.0 of the JBCC Rules for additional details on this requirement.
- To renew a license, a licensed court interpreter must complete eight hours of approved continuing education in courses approved by the Commission, including two hours of instruction in ethics.
- The continuing education hours must have been completed within the term of the current license, in the case of a timely renewal. For a late renewal, the continuing education hours must have been completed within the one year period immediately prior to the date of renewal.
- Please refer to the Continuing Education page of our website for the rules on CE.
All fees are non-refundable.
|Expired 90 days or less||$150.00|
|Expired 91 days less than 1 year||$200.00|
Acceptable forms of payment: Check, Money Order, or Cashier's Check
Make payable to: The Office of Court Administration