Licensed Court Interpreters
Our licensing team is unable to accommodate walk-in customers without an appointment. If you need assistance please contact the licensing specialist for your profession by email or phone. Our contact information is at the bottom of this page. If we are unable to resolve matters by phone or email, please feel free to request an appointment with the licensing specialist for further assistance.
Effective September 1, 2018, all applications submitted to the JBCC must be submitted online only (i.e., initial applications, renewals, exam applications, course approvals, etc.).
- Search for Licensed Court Interpreters
- Guide to Using the Online System (pdf)
- Watch How to Apply for Renewal- Slideshow (pdf)
- Watch How to Apply for CE Approval (pdf)
- Disciplinary Actions Log
JBCC Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
The Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has a new online certification and licensing system. The new system allows users to:
- apply and pay for new certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- renew existing certifications, registrations, or licenses,
- update contact information,
- see a list of approved CE courses,
- apply for CE approval (licensees and providers)
- check the status of applications,
- confirm receipt of applications,
- apply for the exam,
- print payment receipts, and
- search for individuals or entities that are certified, licensed, or registered with the JBCC.
- If the information you seek cannot be found on our website, please refer to the Request for Records page of our website.
Course Providers and licensees must have a user profile to use the online system, members of the public do not need a user profile. Current applicants and those currently certified and registered must use the activation code, issued to them by the JBCC, in order to create a profile. Activation codes will only be issued to the contact information currently on file. Activation codes will not be issued by phone. New applicants can create a profile without an activation code.
You will be charged a transaction fee based on the amount of the fee that is due.
Applications are reviewed and processed as soon as possible in the order received. Once reviewed, if further action is required, staff will email you as soon as possible; otherwise, you'll receive an automated email confirmation once the application is approved. Please check your inbox (and spam folder) for correspondence.
Tips for Using the Online Certification, Registration & Licensing System
- When creating your online account/profile, do not use the First Time Applicant process if you have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us. The First Time Applicant process is only for new applicants.
(Note: those who have already applied with us or are already certified, licensed, or registered with us must use the ‘Existing Certification’ process which requires an activation code. If you have not received your code from us, send an email to email@example.com to receive your code. For security purposes, codes will not be provided by phone.)
- Mobile and Apple devices may not be compatible for using our online system.
- Naming Files to be Uploaded. Please ensure to name scanned files in a manner that clearly identifies the item being uploaded. For example, if uploading a fingerprint receipt, a good name would be “FP Receipt”, or “FP Receipt for Jane Doe”. A bad name would be “JBCC”, “123456789.jpg”.
- If you see incorrect information on your account/profile and you are unable to correct yourself, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an update by staff.
- If you need assistance using the online system and cannot find the guidance you need in the pdf Guide to Using the Online System, or the pdf renewal slide show, on our website, please send an email to the licensing specialist at email@example.com and they will assist you. If the matter cannot be resolved by email, you may request a phone appointment with the specialist for further assistance.