Fourth Court of Appeals
Attorneys are required to file documents (except a document submitted under seal or subject to a motion to seal) with the Court through the eFileTexas.gov electronic filing system.
Visit eFileTexas.gov and select a service provider to get started with the electronic filing process.
Please read the rules for electronic filing in the appellate courts and in civil cases in the trial courts.
Filing to an existing case:
If you are trying to add a filing into an existing case, but that case doesn't appear when you search make sure you have entered the complete case number with all the zeroes, dashes, and spaces. For other potential solutions and more detailed information contact your Electronic Filing Service Provider (EFSP).
- How to Create a PDF (Video)
- Guide to Creating Electronic Appellate Briefs 2014 (Adobe Acrobat 8, 9, X)
- Guide to Creating Electronic Appellate Briefs 2019 (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
- Using Adobe to Create Appellate Briefs (Video)
- Supreme Court's Redaction Guidelines
- State Bar Tips and Tricks for Appellate eFiling
- Statewide eFiling Rules