Filing Forms for Pro Se Litigants
The Appellate Section of the State Bar has prepared Instructions and Templates for Preparing a Petition for Review in the Supreme Court of Texas. These instructions may be used to help you complete an electronic template for a petition for review that can be filled out using Microsoft Word or an electronic template that can be filled out using Adobe Acrobat. Or you can print the handwritten template and use it as a guide for completing a petition for review.
The following forms may also assist you in taking a case to the Texas Supreme Court:
- Motion for Extension of Time to File Petition for Review
- Sample Waiver Letter for Respondent
- Motion for Extension of Time to File Brief
- Request for Inclusion in Pro Bono Program
- Statement of Inability to Afford Court Costs or an Appeal Bond (Bilingual)
Filing a Petition for Review
Please find forms and instructions for filing a Petition for Review on the Supreme Court of Texas Pro Bono Program page of the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section web site.