Texas Forensic Science Commission
Requirements for Licensure
Please use the following resources for guidance on Forensic Analyst, Technician, or Forensic Biology Screening licensure by the Commission:
- Summary of Requirements for Licensure
- Summary of Requirements for Voluntary Licensure
- Licensing Program Administrative Rules
- Guidelines for Consideration of Criminal Convictions
- State Auditor's Guide to Applying for a License with a Criminal Conviction or Deferred Adjudication
Applying for a License (Regular/Mandatory and Voluntary Licenses)
Forensic Analysts and Forensic Technicians
If you are applying to renew your license, please follow the instructions we have posted on the CFE and Renewal page of the website.
NOTE: Regarding NEW Regular Licensure (Full Licenses) - We recommended satisfying the exam requirement with a passing result PRIOR to submitting a Regular or Post Provisional License Application or Fee Payment.
- Regular (Mandatory and Voluntary Licenses) Forensic Analyst, Forensic Biology Screening Analyst and Forensic Technician Instructions
- Provisional Forensic Analyst, Forensic Biology Screening Analyst and Forensic Technician Instructions
- Provisional to Regular Licensure Instructions
- Proficiency Monitoring Certification Form (to be completed and signed by laboratory's authorized representative and uploaded to your account in TopClass).
- Technical Reviewer License Application and Certification Form (for completion by sponsoring laboratory)
- Waiver for Support Personnel Application for Laboratories
- Provisional License Certification Form
- Temporary Forensic Analyst License Application Certification Form
- Criminal History Pre-evaluation Request Form
- Statistics Course Qualification Guidance Document
- Application for Waiver of Specific Coursework and/or Education Requirements