Texas Forensic Science Commission
Requirements for Licensure
Please use the following resources for guidance on Forensic Analyst, Technician, or Forensic Biology Screening licensure by the Commission:
Applying for a License
Forensic Analysts and Forensic Technicians (Provisional and Regular Licensure)
Below are specific instructions to follow when applying for an initial license. If you are applying to renew your license, please follow the instructions we have posted on the CFE and Renewal page of the website.
Blanket Instructions for Laboratories
Out-of-state crime laboratories seeking a blanket license under Texas Administrative Code §651.220 must fill out the following application and return it to Licensing@fsc.texas.gov.
Blanket Instructions for Licensees
If your laboratory has been issued a blanket license, please follow these instructions for applying for licensure under a blanket license:
If you are renewing a blanket license, please visit our CFE and Renewal page for instructions.
- Proficiency Testing Certification Form (to be completed and signed by laboratory representative and uploaded to your account in TopClass).
- Technical Reviewer License Application and Certification Form (for completion by sponsoring laboratory)
- Waiver for Support Personnel Application for Laboratories
- Provisional License Certification Form
- Temporary Forensic Analyst License Application Certification Form
- Criminal History Pre-evaluation Request Form
- Statistics Course Qualification Guidance Document
- Application for Waiver of Specific Coursework and/or Education Requirements